RBI software - Risk based inspection - Synergi Plant
RBI software for supporting improved plant safety and cost reduction through optimization of your risk based inspection strategy according to API 580 and API 581
With the Synergi Plant - RBI software modules you can improve safety and potentially reduce costs by optimizing your inspection strategy to focus resources on high-risk areas. The RBI software is based on the extensively used risk-based inspection methodology. Synergi Plant - RBI software comes in several variants: RBI Onshore, RBI Power Plant, RBI Offshore, RBI AST and RBI Bespoke.
What you get from DNV's risk based inspection software
- Software includes methods for qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative RBI
- Standard RBI software modules support API 581 and DNVGL-RP-G101 methodologies
- Bespoke RBI software module allows definition of criticality content, damages and their attributes, rules and formula to derive probability of failure (POF), consequence of failure (COF), risk, and inspection plan
- Standard and user-definable risk matrices
- RBI-specific dynamic dashboard
- RBI software enables you to evaluate and justify inspection budgets and set inspection targets
- With Synergi Plant RBI software you can demonstrate effective return on investment
- Qualitative analysis can start at a high level and gain detail as more data becomes available
- Detailed calculation of consequence of failure, probability of failure, financial risk, cost benefit, and optimization in quantitative modules
- Multi-language capability in all RBI software modules
API 580 and API 581 RBI methodology
The application of risk-based inspection (RBI) technology to safety-critical equipment in the onshore refinery, petrochemical and gas processing includes qualitative and quantitative RBI methodology. API 580 presents guidelines for developing an RBI programme whereas API 581 provides RBI methods to establish a risk based inspection programme. Synergi Plant's Risk Based Inspection modules use both API 580 and API 581.
RBI Onshore software module
RBI Onshore software implements the API 580 / API 581 RBI methodology with qualitative and quantitative approaches and some extensions. The methodology applies to various types of vessels (separators, columns, drums, storage tanks etc.), pipes and pressure relief devices.
RBI Power Plant software module
RBI Power Plant implements the API 580/ 581 methodology for conventional thermal power plants. The RBI software provides extensions to allow modelling of the specific power plant asset hierarchy and degradation mechanisms such as creep and fatigue. This includes three-level assessment (screening, level 1 and fully quantitative assessment).
RBI Offshore software module
RBI Offshore implements the DNVGL-RP-G101 methodology for topside process assets on offshore structures such as jacket platforms and FPSOs. It is a multi-level approach (from qualitative to quantitative) and consistent with API 580. The RBI software includes detailed consequence models specific to the offshore sector, such as escalation modelling.
RBI AST software module
RBI AST (for atmospheric storage tanks) has standard RBI modules supporting API 581 and EEMUA 159 methodologies. Users of Synergi Plant - RBI AST can run various scenarios, quantifying influences of inspections in addition to operation and design parameters. The RBI software includes methods for semi-quantitative and quantitative RBI and helps decision-making on methods and frequency of storage tank inspections and repairs. Calculations include consequence of failure, probability of failure, financial risk, and inspection optimization with quantitative modules.
RBI Bespoke software module
The RBI Bespoke module is configurable and allows implementation of RBI methods that do not follow standards such as API 580, API 581 or DNVGL-RP-G101. This RBI software module has a modelling and formula engine which allows you to implement bespoke models for the consequence of failure, probability of failure, risk matrix or inspection planning rules and recommendation library.